2013年1月24日木曜日

Mother goose

 I specialize a histry of English literature in this university. In this subject, I learn about British literature. They are very interesting for me. The thing which I am the most interested is about Mother Goose. Mother Goose stand for a generic name of the British tradition, nursery rhyme. There are Nursing song, story song, tongue twister, counting-out rhyme, riddle, wordplay. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is famously replete with such literary techniques.

 I thought that a tongue twister was the most interesting.

  • Peter Piper
  • Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;
    A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
    If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
    Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

  • She Sells Seashells
  • She sells seashells by the seashore.
    The shells she sells are surely seashells.
    So if she sells shells on the seashore,
    I’m sure she sells seashore shells.

  • Betty Botter
  • Betty Botter bought some butter.
    "But," she said, "the butter's bitter.
    If I put it in my batter,
    It will make my batter bitter.
    But a bit of better butter,
    That would make my batter better."
    So she bought a bit of butter.
    Better than her bitter butter.
    And she put it in her batter.
    And the batter was not bitter.
    So 'twas better Betty Botter
    Bought a bit of better butter.

     I read these aloud during this class. It was intresting.
     Tomorrow, I have an examination of this subject. I do my best.

    [249 words]

    0 件のコメント:

    コメントを投稿