2013年1月25日金曜日

Coming Of Age Day


       Explanation about the coming-of-age ceremony

 The second Monday of January is "Seijin no hi" (Coming-of-age Day) in Japan. People celebrate this day to welcome the young men and women, who have turned or will turn the age of 20 during the current year, as new members of society!! Ceremonies are held in every city, town and village. The people who have reached the age of twenty get the right to vote and also allowed to smoke and drink.

 Furisode, the most gorgeous form of Kimono named after its long swinging sleeves, is the most formal Kimono for unmarried women. Classified into three types by the length of its sleeves, they are called as "Oh- Furisode"(Big Furisode), "Chu-Furisode"(middle Furisode) and "Ko-Furisode"(small Furisode). The status is based on "the longer the higher" basis. Some decades ago, brides wore black-based Oh-Furisode as their wedding dresses, yet they wear colored Oh-Furisode in today's wedding ceremony. Furisode is usually made of those valued materials such as Rinzu (damasked glossy silk material) or Chirimen(crepe) material and designed in "Eba" composition which is the patterns spread over panels as if it were a big painting when displayed.



 This is nail for the coming-age ceremony















This is pictures have taken before a ceremony.



















 January 14

  That day was a coming-of-age ceremony. I got up at 4:00 of the morning and got ready and went to the hair salon at 5:00. I was very sleepy. Then I had person of the salon set hair and make up. Finary, I dressed.
 At 9:30 a.m, I went to the hall of coming-of-age ceremony. There were so many people!! I was amazing and exciting!! I was grad that could meet an old friend. I talked many friends, take a picture. It became one piece of the memory. I really enjoyed very much!!
 To my mother and father. Thank you for bringing up me for 20 years.

[334 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿